The purpose of the school board is taken directly from the Department of Education’s policy for school governance. The School Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of engaging in activities that will improve educational programs in the school or the management of the school’s facilities, in the best interest of students.
The duties of the board are:
- Establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- The planning and ratification of financial arrangements necessary to fund the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Evaluating the school’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Endorsing codes of conduct for students at the school;
- To determine the student dress code; and
- To promote the school in the community.
- Charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities pursuant to Section 99 (4) of the School Education Act;
- Extra cost optional components of an educational program pursuant to Section 100 (3) of the School Education Act;
- Items of personal use in an educational program pursuant to Section 108 (2) of the School Education Act; and
- Agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school.
Members of our School Board:
- Michelle Williams - Chairperson
- Shelley Collins - Principal
- Jenny- Lee Fussell - Manager Corporate Services
- Tanya Rose - Speech Pathologist
- Justine Daly - Staff Representative
- Hazel Hatfield - Community Representative
- Kynan Ridley - Community Representative
- Debbie Dunne - Parent Representative
- Sophie Follington - Parent Representative